Sunday, February 13, 2011

It felt so great to be reunited with my precious baby boy!

The way I was able to get my son every other week is because of two reasons:  1) Social services didn't have anything on me after months and months of investigating me.  And why?  Because I am a GREAT mother and I have never nor would I ever hurt my son; 2) My ex and I went to mediation and agreed on alternating weeks that each of us would have my son.

So it was January, and although Social Services wasn't finished with their investigation, I'd have my precious baby boy every other week.  The weeks when my ex had my son was so difficult on me....especially the first day.  I would think my son was in his room and I would look in his room to see him, and then I would remember that he was with my ex.  It hurt very much so when I realized that my son wasn't at home with me.  At least I was getting every other week unsupervised, which was much better than what I was receiving.

My ex and I agreed on a division of the things we owned, and so, my ex who still had me locked out of my own house and would not let me in, dropped off my furniture to me.  It felt so great to finally have my furniture.

I believe that it was in January, that I was sexually harassed yet again.  If you've been following my whole blog, you may remember that I was sexually harassed previously by my boss.  This time, I was sexually harassed by my case manager.  As a reminder...a case manager represents the mental health treatment center.  The case manager is SUPPOSED to be part of your support system.  The case manager has access to a person's file i.e. the therapist's notes, and the psychiatrist's notes.

He used to make me feel uncomfortable.  I told that to my therapist, and I told her of the things he would say to me.  Her response?  "He said that to you?"  And I would say "yes", for which she said, "That was inappropriate."  She asked me if I was able to confront him, and I told her that as much as I wanted to, that I couldn't.  So she knew that I was unable to put confront him.   I did my part.  I reported him.  I told her that I didn't feel comfortable reporting him, that's when, in my opinion, SHE should have done something about it, but she didn't.

The sexual harassment continued.  And then one day he came to my apartment and starting saying extremely innapropriate things to me, as well as doing innapropriate things such as lifting up my pant leg while I was sitting on the couch, and biting my knee for which I was trying to pull my pant leg down and get him off of me, and then as I was trying to get him out of my apartment, he pushed my hair aside and started nibbling on my neck.

He told me that he was coming over to my apartment the next morning to "get in to bed with me".  I was horrified.  I was crying.  I felt violated and scared of him coming back.  I remember I had to go to work, and before doing so, I took a wad of toilet paper and wet it down and started scrubbing myself hard...my neck and my knees.  I felt so dirty.  I wanted him off of me.  I had no time to shower...I had to get to work.  I cried and cried.

That night after work, I went to the police department and asked the cop for his advice.  He told me that I should file a report against him, and so I did.  It was 3 pages long...hand written.  I told the police officer how I was scared of him coming to my apartment the next morning like he said he was going to.  This pervert kept calling me, but I didn't answer my phone to him.

Keep in mind, his words and actions were UNWANTED.  He was much older than me...I think he was in his late 60's.  He was not my type in any way, and the fact that he was married for 45 years didn't seem to stop him from making passes at me.  That wouldn't be the end of my battle with him, as in a future post, I will be writing what came of it all.

In January, my ex offered me to have the whole month of February of 2009 alone with my son.  He said it was to make up for me not being able to see him, and he also said it was because he needed a break.  I believe his last reason was his REAL reason.  And to that I think...he needed a break from his own son?  My gosh, I can't get enough time with my son...HE is my WHOLE WORLD and I cherish every moment with him! 

I gladly took my son for the full month of February 2009.  It felt great to be reunited with my precious baby boy!

Come March of 2009, we started alternating weeks again.  One week on and one week off.  I hated my "off" weeks.  I missed my son so much.

My ex still had me barracaded out of my house, and I still had things of mine in there.

And so my road was far from over.  I had to deal with my ex who was emotionally abusive to me; I was still under investigation and going in and out of court by social services; and now on top of it all, I was just sexually harassed.