Sunday, February 27, 2011

I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE! I AM A GREAT MOTHER!

As I wrote in my last blog, I was being investigated by Social Services for the THIRD time.  Not one of those times that they investigaed me was due to anything wrong that I did to my son, or for me being a bad mother.

I was at home and I heard a knock on the door, and their was a woman from Social Services.  I was in shock.  I was thinking, what now?  I am a GREAT mother!  I have NEVER hurt my son, nor would I ever.  PERIOD!  Yet they seem to keep coming after me....it's a shame because there are so many bad parents out there who are abusing their child(ren), and Social Services doesn't do a thing. Yet, they kept coming after me....a GREAT mother!  I just don't get.  Some "justice" system we have.

And me?  A mother who loves my son more than life itself, and who I do everything for, they keep coming after me.  They obviously don't know what kind of mother that I am, or how very much I love my son.

At this point, I was pretty much "over it" as far as dealing with Social Services.  The woman came to my home and I told her flat out, "If you want me to undress my son down to his diaper, I gladly will.  You will not find one mark on his body".

Her response?  That she wasn't investigating me for abuse or anything like that.  Then she told me that she was bit confused on the report herself....it was along the lines of, that I was paranoid.  Then, she started bringing up things in her conversation, which immediately told me that it came from the child therapist that I brought my son to...a total of approximately 2 times.

I explained to this woman, that my son who had only been 2 for three months, was calling different men that he would see when we were out, "Daddy".  I explained how my ex didn't believe me, and refused to work with me i.e. see my son over the webcam so my son could see and know who is Daddy is.  I explained to her that I just wanted to do everything that I could, to help his trip to Florida as smooth as possible.  I wasn't being paranoid...I was trying to help my son!

I told her flat out, that I was not sorry, and that I didn't regret what I did.  I told her if trying to help my son, and make his trip smooth for him, made them investigate me, then so be it, but I was not sorry, and I am still not sorry for looking out for my son's best interest.  To me, that makes me a better parent.

She listened, she saw me with my son, and she told me she would "investigate", and get back to me.  I didn't hear from her again.

I'm so sick of Social Services.  They can investigate me all they want.  I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!  I AM A GREAT MOTHER!  Everything that I do, I do for my son.  I go without, so he can have.  I am extremely involved in his life, and I have been watching him thrive and flourish under my sole care.  My son is an extremely lovable, smart, and happy little boy.

So Social Services can investigate me all the want.  The truth always comes out, and I have NOTHING to hide!

While waiting to hear back from Social Services, June passed, and my ex forfeited his vistation.  This is the visitation that he begged the Magistrate for just one month earlier.

Then August came....my ex was granted visitation for one week in August.  As with June's visitation that he was granted, this visitation that he was granted in August was visitation that he begged the Magistrate for in May.

For this visitation that he forfeited, my ex didn't even have the decency to tell me in advance that he was forfeiting his visitation.  No email, not text message, no phone call...nothing.  In my opinion, he could have at least had the decency to let me know in advance...but he didn't.  But then again, if he did inform me in advance, that would be the responsible thing to do...the mature thing to do.  Two things that my ex is not.

August of 2010 made the 4th visitation time that he forfeited.  The first was for Thanksgiving of 2009, the second was January of 2010, the third was June of 2010, and the fourth was August of 2010. 

Some father.  First, he voluntarily quits his job and moves 2 time zones away from his son to live with his mother and have no job waiting for him; and then he forfeited 4 visitations.

I don't remember the month, but after a few months from the start of Social Service's 3rd investigation on me, I received a letter in the mail from Social Services which indicated that they dropped their investigation, and that it was unfounded.

Not that I have anything to hide, I was just glad that Social Services was out of my life.