Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I tried to lead a normal life...

From 2003 to August of 2005, I spent much of my time continuing to work my way up the Corporate Ladder.  I had been doing Accounting for years, and worked as an Accounting Analyst, and having my Accounting background, I landed myself a job doing Commercial Real Estate....and Commercial Real Estate is what I enjoyed doing.  I worked as a Lease Administrator, and I thoroughly enjoyed doing Commercial Real Estate.

I was not rich, but I made good money, and I lived comfortably.  On top of it, I had an annuity (from a trust fund) from when I was a child.  I was receiving money monthly, and it was set up that I would receive a few different lump sums when I reached certain ages.  The trust fund was from doctors messing up on me when I was a baby which almost caused me to be confined to a wheel chair for the rest of my life.  It was a result of a malpractice case that settled out of court.

From the outside, people were unable to see that I was suffering terribly on the inside.  I continued seeing that same therapist weekly but my problems didn't go away.

At one point, I stopped cutting myself because I lived in Florida, and I didn't want people to see my scars.  They could though.....I remember one day when I went to play golf with some co-workers, and one of the guys said something along the lines of, "Damn, what the hell happened to your legs?  It looks like you were mauled by a lion."  I tried to hide my secret and blamed the scars on a bad fall that I took.

My anorexia was still running rampant.  I tried to lead a normal life.  I bought myself a brand new sports car; I had 2 season tickets to the Bucs as I was a Bucs fan back then as I was living in Florida, and I lived in a big, beautiful, brand new apartment.  I kept everything in, and I was so good at doing that.  Nobody would have guessed the sheer pain that I was in....but I was.  The pain was there.  The pain was deep....and it wouldn't go away.

This leads me in to 2005....August of 2005 to be specific.  The month that I met my ex....the "man" that would try to destroy me, and who would affect my life forever (and not in a good way).

I am getting close to 2008.  The year that my life shattered...my whole reason for writing this blog.  If you continue following along, you will see why I gave you the background of my life prior to going in to how my life completely shattered in 2008.

I'm sure it is going to be very difficult for me to write about how my life shattered in 2008, and about everything that has happened to me since then, but I need to get my story out.