Sunday, January 2, 2011

A few things that I have learned throughout my life...

I am in no way a writer, nor do I claim to be one.  I have been thinking about how I am going to write about my life, and I guess the best way for me to tell my life story, is by starting from the beginning.

Before I begin my life story, I will tell you a few things that I have learned throughout my life.

  1. Everything that we have gone through in our life, both good and bad, makes us the people that we are today.
  2. We are all entitled to our feelings.  If somebody says something along the lines of, "you shouldn't feel that way", or "that's stupid to feel that way"; what they are doing is negating your feelings.  You have a right to feel how you feel, and don't let anybody try to tell you otherwise.
  3. We can not control other people.  The only people we can control in this world is ourselves.
  4. Anger is a secondary emotion.  When a person is angry, there is always an underlying emotion i.e. fear; self-worthlessness; sadness; a fear of abandonment, etc.
As I start to write about my life, I'm sure there may be some parts that are very tough for me to write about.  But, the past is in the past, and it's as I wrote above...it's everything that we have gone through in our life that makes us the people that we are today, and you know what?  I like the person that I am.  I am in no way perfect, nor will I ever claim to be, none of us are, but I am happy with the person that I have become, and the mother that I am.

Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; and today is a gift...that's what they call it the present.

Thinking about the past causes depression; thinking about the future causes anxiety, which is why we must focus on the present.

I will go back in my past though to tell my life story knowing that my inner strength will prevent it from affecting me in any negative way.